At Power Drill Guru we aren’t just interested in keeping safe when working with power tools, as a family run website we are interested in the safety of your children. Always ensure your computers have child safe settings enabled so that they’re less likely to come across anything that may hurt them.
Below are our top 10 tips that your children should know when going online
- Personal information should always be kept private – don’t give out your address email address, mobile number or any finance information unless you’re 100% sure the website can be trusted. Of course never give it to anyone in chat rooms.
- Never give out passwords
- Think before you upload any photos. Be very careful on who you’re sending the image too as it could be shared.
- Don’t befriend anyone you don’t know
- Don’t meet up with anyone you’ve met online as it’s possible they aren’t who they say they are.
- Respect people’s views online, if you don’t agree it doesn’t mean that you should be rude or start fights
- Not everyone is who they say they are online, be careful
- Anything that you see online that may make you unsafe, uncomfortable, worried or scared then you should notify a trusted adult straight away
- Think carefully before you post anything online
- Keep privacy settings as high as possible
It may be useful to print off the below and keep it near the computer while your child is on it.
For the adults, there are many ways you can be vulnerable online too so we recommend that you look at the links below to make sure you’re up to date.