Every handyman already knows impact wrenches are one of the best tools out there. Simple fixes, like refitting car wheels, can be greatly sped up by using impact wrenches. They’re also extremely helpful when it comes to getting at hard to reach places. Cordless versions allow for greater mobility and you don’t have to worry about getting tripped up or tangled in a pesky wire. There are so many wrenches on the market is hard to know where, to start, don’t worry though as I’ve done the hard work for you.
DEWALT DC820B ½-in
- 1 DEWALT DC820B ½-in
- 2 Ingersoll-Rand 231C ½-in Super-Duty Air Impact
- 3 PORTER-CABLE PCE210 ½-in
- 4 AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque ½-in
- 5 DEWALT DCF899B 20V MAX XR ½-in
Anti-slip Grip: The DC820B’s anti-slip grip allows you to keep a hold of the wrench on even the toughest projects. It is also incredibly comfortable, which is nice when you work with your hands a lot.
High Performance: This DEWALT impact wrench has 1,740 inch-pounds of torque and 2,400 RPM. This makes fastening a breeze.
Compact: It is not a big and clunky wrench like some others I have tried. It weighs a measly 2.2 pounds and is less than 6 inches long. This makes it extremely easy to fit in tight spaces and does not wear out your wrists.
- The brushes are replaceable, so if one craps out you don’t have to buy a whole new wrench, it is easily replaced.
- It also has a metal transmission that maximizes this wrenches lifetime.
- The battery is not included when you buy it. Although this is not expensive and it is only a one time purchase since they are rechargeable.
Ingersoll-Rand 231C ½-in Super-Duty Air Impact
Easy Operation: The 231C features a patented one-hand forward/reverse feature, making it super easy to operate.
Pressure-Feed Lubrication: The pressure-feed lubrication ensures the wrench is always working at peak performance and makes it even easier to control.
Contoured Handle: The contoured handle, along with its compact design, minimizes stress on the wrist and hand and maximizes comfort, making this wrench great for all day use.
- 8,000 RPM.
- Comes fully lubricated and ready to use, which just gave me one less thing to worry about.
- It’s a little heavier than some of the other ones. But at just 5 pounds it is still incredibly lightweight.
PORTER-CABLE PCE210 ½-in
Cast Metal Gear Housing: The unique cast metal gear housing dissipates heat that is created. This improves the durability and ultimately gives the wrench a longer lifespan.
Reversible: A must-have for a great wrench, the PCE210 can work both forwards and backward, making it great for tightening and loosening.
Comfortable: The PCE210 has a really comfortable handle, which makes it easy to hold and use for as many jobs as you need.
- Offers 240-foot pounds of torque and 2,200 RPM.
- Does not need batteries since it has an AC power source.
- Doesn’t offer the fastest RPM, but at 2,200 RPM it is still very fast and reliable.
AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque ½-in
Quiet: One of the quietest impact wrenches on the market, the AIRCAT 1150 produces only 85 decibels. 85 decibels is about the noise level of city traffic when sitting inside a car. At such a low level, it takes hours and hours of continued exposure to experience any kind of pain or damage.
Large Rotor: This wrench has a 15% larger rotor than other models, providing top performance all day long.
High Performance: The AIRCAT 1150 provides a whopping unmatched 1,295 feet pounds of torque and 1,400 blows per minute. This is definitely one of the best performing wrenches I tried.
Advantages of this wrench include its:
- Ergonomic design
- 2-year parts and labor warranty that is included. The warranty gives you peace of mind and really makes this purchase risk-free
- You have to make sure to keep this wrench lubed to keep it performing perfectly. This is pretty typical of wrenches however and is not a huge inconvenience.
DEWALT DCF899B 20V MAX XR ½-in
LED Light: The LED Light on this wrench allows you to work in dimly lit areas with ease. It is very bright, and I’ve found, very helpful to make sure you’re working where you want. The light also means you have to carry one less tool with you on a job, a flashlight.
3-Speeds: The DCF899B’s 3-speeds allows a wide range of options and allows you to choose the perfect setting for whatever job you’re working on.
Battery Fuel Gauge: This incredibly helpful tool lets you keep an eye on how much battery you have left so you know when you need to recharge it before it completely dies. There’s nothing worse than starting work on a job and having your wrench die.
- Brushless motor allows for superior performance
- Incredible 700 feet pounds of torque
- Ergonomic design
- Anvil is resistant to shearing and breaking and can survive a 6-8 foot drop
- Battery sold separately
- Charger sold separately